Help With a Federal Agency

If you can’t get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, my staff and I can often intervene on a constituent’s behalf to get answers to their questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your address, home phone number and cell phone number so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved

Please Note:

Regardless of which federal agency you need assistance with, the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that my staff and I have written authorization before we can obtain information about an individual’s case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. Please click on the appropriate agency to utilize our digital privacy release authorization form.

logo of Social Security AdministrationSocial Security Administration

logo of Department of Veterans AffairsDepartment of Veterans Affairs

logo of Department of StateDepartment of State

logo of Internal Revenue ServiceInternal Revenue Service

logo of Small Business AdministrationSmall Business Administration

logo of Department of DefenseDepartment of Defense

logo of All AgenciesAll Agencies